Today Roz is joined in the studio by Tom Simpson from Woolmans.
Tom has been in the horticultural industry really, from a work point of view ever since he left school. Tom's first interest in gardening stems right back from when he was a very young child through his parents, grandparents, aunts, and uncles.
Key discussion points in todays episode:
- Tom’s background in gardening.
- What’s the current trend towards Dahlia?
- When do you plant out your alliums?
- What should you take into account when you’re planting your dahlia tuba?
- What are some of your favourite varieties and colours?
- Dahlias taller varieties.
- Single flowers are more popular than ever before.
- How do you know if your soil is free-draining?
- Tom’s advice for propagating from cuttings.
- Lots of free resources on our website: www.thecutflowercollective.co.uk
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fieldgateflowers
- Facebook Groups Cut Flower Farming – Growth and Profit in your business https://www.facebook.com/groups/449543639411874
- Learn With The Cut Flower Collective https://www.facebook.com/groups/learnwiththecutflowercollective