Welcome to this week's episode of the Cut Flower Podcast with your expert host, Roz Chandler. Joining Roz in the studio is Peony Farmer and Expert, Elonor Tivey.
Elonor is renowned in the world of flowers as a passionate peony farmer. She specializes in growing different varieties of peonies in her two-acre field, including early, mid-season, and late varieties, which she supplies to florists and also does pop-ups. After being a teacher for some time, Elonor pivoted to commercial flower farming because of her love for flowers.
Roz and Elonor will be discussing:
- How did you come to do what you're doing?
- Always transition out of a career or a job into a flower farm.
- What’s the first thing you do when you get back from the field?
- What are your top five favourite peonies?
- If you weren’t a peony grow, what would you do?
- The British Flower Movement.
- How many stems did you sell in the first year?
Elonor Tivey Resouce Links
- website: www.thepeonyfarmer.co.uk
- Insta/FB @thepeonyfarmeruk
- Contact email email@example.com
- orders at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lots of free resources on our website: www.thecutflowercollective.co.uk
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fieldgateflowers
- Facebook Groups Cut Flower Farming – Growth and Profit in your business https://www.facebook.com/groups/449543639411874
- Learn With The Cut Flower Collective https://www.facebook.com/groups/learnwiththecutflowercollective