Welcome to another exciting episode of “The Cutflower Podcast” where we delve into the fascinating world of flower farming and all things floral. I'm your host, Roz Chandler, and today we have a special guest joining us, a passionate flower farmer with a love for dahlias and dreams of creating a floral destination. But before we dive into our conversation, don't forget to subscribe to our podcast and leave us a review. Your feedback means the world to us!
In today's episode, we're joined by Melanie Farrow, a dedicated flower farmer with a deep love for dahlias, tulips, and peonies. We'll explore her journey into flower farming, from learning about dahlias from her dad to finding inspiration from fellow flower farmers and renowned floral designers. Melanie shares her experiences, challenges, and successes in the world of flower farming.
We'll also discuss the complexities of the flower farming business, from educating customers about the value of locally grown, sustainable flowers to the importance of marketing and visibility.
1. Passion for Flowers: Our guest's journey into flower farming began with a love for dailies, tulips, and peonies. Her passion for these blooms continues to drive her dedication to the craft.
2. Educating Customers: Flower farming isn't just about growing beautiful flowers; it's also about educating customers on the value of locally grown, sustainable blooms. Understanding the environmental benefits and quality of British-grown flowers is key.
3. Marketing Matters: Flower farming requires effective marketing and visibility. Our guest emphasizes the importance of promoting her business through platforms like Instagram, Facebook, and local community events.
4. Dreaming Big: The future holds exciting possibilities for our guest's flower farm. Her dream is to create a floral destination that offers a unique experience to visitors and locals alike.
5. Persistence Pays Off: Flower farming is a labor of love, and persistence is key to success. Our guest has faced challenges but continues to learn and grow in her journey.
Melanie Farrow Resource Links:
- Website: www.smellaniesgardenflowers.com
- Instagram: @smellaniesgardenflowers
- Facebook page: smellaniesgardenflowers
- Lots of free resources on our website: www.thecutflowercollective.co.uk
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/fieldgateflowers
- Facebook Groups Cut Flower Farming – Growth and Profit in your business https://www.facebook.com/groups/449543639411874
- Learn With The Cut Flower Collective https://www.facebook.com/groups/learnwiththecutflowercollective